Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Week of Birthday Celebrations (Part One)

My week of birthday merriments has come to an end and so to recover I am chilling in my sister’s dressing gown and waiting to watch the Loose Women ladies. The room is filled with the remnants of the festivities; drooping pink helium balloons, 21 confetti, birthday cards filling the mantelpiece, the bookshelves, the table, the fireplace (I didn’t realise I knew so many people… Well… that so many people knew me!!) And the dining room table is covered with the lovely gifts from my wonderful friends and fam!

Birthday number 1
Being at university completely makes your friendship number multiply, so it wouldn’t be fair to just celebrate your birthday with one set of friends: I needed to have a party with my Yorkies and with my Homies!  So, on Saturday 10th December I had a Yorky jungle themed birthday! I wanted to dress up as something Katy Perry related (last year I dressed up as her! And only went out in a cupcake bra.. even though it was snowing!! I really don’t know what I was thinking!! But it was fun!!) Katy Perry has a very wonderful song called “Peacock” and she dressed up as a fabulous peacock on her tour “California Dreams”



This was a magnificent costume: but on my student budget and lack of professional fashion stylists I had to compromise slightly (a lot!)

I was very lucky to come across a Peacock pattern top in a charity shop, whilst shopping with my Mum and my Aunty Sue!  It was a few sizes too big but a few stitches from my talented muma Voce and it was brilliant!

My Housie and very good friend Tabby is notorious for watching YouTube tutorial make-up videos, so I knew she’d have an idea of how to do make-up! And low and behold, she did! We moved my long mirror into our very spacious, luxurious bathroom (which I personally think we should make into a living room/bathroom), and put it sideways against the bath so all of us girlies could get ready together!


Lovely Sofia turned up and my special guest: Miss Kate Houghton! (The bestie from home!)

After an hour or 2, or 3, we were ready! And the other Yorkies arrived…

The Boys
Ellie and Sofia

The Girlies!


We had a party and then went to our favourite pub by theYorky River: Lowther!




We then danced all night (even in high heels!) In Gallery night club. 

The next morning, the boys went to the pub to watch the football, whilst me and Tabby cleaned the house... we want to point out that this won't be happening again... we are women of the 2000's not the 1940's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment