Tuesday 20 March 2012

You can never be too old...

For some love from your Mumma! A lovely mothers day weekend in yorky York spent with everyone's favourite Mumma Voce!

A trip to York theatre to see the sound of music for a bargain price, £5 each ticket (I know you shouldn't say the cost of gifts but it was just such a bargain find!) trying not to sing at the top of our voices as lady next to us  was looking a little glum! It was a very very good show, but Captain Von Trapp was no Christopher Plummer: a little too camp and perhaps a little too old, giving a slight feel of inappropriateness with the ever so young looking Maria! His boots were also not a good look, perhaps didn't help that knee high leather boots over jodhpurs have been a popular trend amongst the ladies lately!



We carried on the evening at ASK restaurant which is the most magnificent building! We shared a delicious pizza and chips and salad and we couldn't even finish it! Which we usually could! The gin did definitely get finished though! We couldn't even squeeze in a dessert! Most unlike us!

Mum was going early the next morning (well she was meant to but I'll come back to that later!) so I took full advantage of the car and we did an Asda shop! Sadly, I am no longer a sainsburys snob as Asda is full of so many bargains! I was happily stocked up and we treated ourselves (and the rest of my lovely housies) to some delicious yum yums! That were just so yum! I remembered that mum had said I looked slimmer earlier on on the day, so thought I could defs afford to eat not one but two yum yums! I wouldn't want to waste away now!

We retired to my bedroom and watched the last 2 episodes of Sex and the City (as carrie is in Paris... not long now!!), snuggled up together! All was lovely until the floor started to pulsate and a sudden blast of techno dub step hip hop music riffled through the walls! Wonderful- the next door neighbours we never speak to had decided to have one of their all night house raves- we were most disappointed to not have had an invite! Luckily mum was in a good frame of mind that 'it's a Saturday night and students should be having fun'. She then went into depth about all the parties we've had! The millennium party where the firemen came was defs a highlight, moreso for her than me at the time as I was only ten and too young to appreciate the beautiful men in uniform! Anyway, this all night rave lasted nearly all night, hence why we overslept and she set off late! But a lovely weekend with of course the greatest mum in the world :) xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment