Wednesday 4 January 2012

Reminiscent of the Summer Ball...

The festive season is by far one of my favourite favourite fav times of the  year! I’m not sure if it’s because my birthday is so close to Christmas, so it is one exciting event after another, but there is defs something about it which just makes me really happy and like an excitable child!

My good friend Mr Will, keeps advertising York st John’s Winter Ball!! Advertised with having Michael Buble (well, almost!! Someone pretending to be him and singing his songs!), REAL reindeer, AND snow!! (Probably fake snow, but snow all the same!) Perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit I think and I really wanted to go…

Sadly, many of my Yorky York friends were being Grinches and not feeling it! But, Mr Will and MissPerryBerry are working it!! And I have dragged Jonny to come too! Perfect! I have decided to go exactly a week before the ball and with a busy week ahead, didn’t leave much time to put effort into an outfit! This is a very different experience to the preparation and efforts gone into our summer ball…. However as it was summer, there was no excuse for unshaven legs, and pasty white skin… hours and hours were spent in MissPerryBerry’s room, styling our hair, playing with make-up, parading around in our dresses to make sure that they were just right… and my most favourite thing…. TAN TAN TANNING. Every evening we were making a trip to St Moriz…Well St Moriz was taking a trip to our skin!! Standing on the chair in her room, near enough in the nude, whilst the little Olive took the mit and covered us from head to toe in a bronzing mousse…. We became so attached to our good friend St Moriz that there was a stage where I didn’t think I could ever go back to being my real skin colour again! (My mum was getting quite worried about how much tan I was getting through, and my step-dad kept telling me no matter how much fake tan I put on, I was never going to be Beyonce!)

Poor Mr Will was the only boy left at uni from our group, so unless he wanted to be alone in his room with his Harry Potter collection, he had to join in with this pre-ball preparation period. He even did Tabby’s make up one evening (it was very boy George!) But in the end, we all scrubbed up very well, thanks to a week of practising and tanning and of course… hair volume-ising!

My dress was a bargain (and bargains are one of my favourite things!!) I got it for £12 in New Look! Annoyingly, it was the last shop I looked in!

Miss PerryBerry and Ellie

All the girlies
We arrived at the summer ball, and we greeted by some bouncer's on the gate of the University!! We knew then, that this was the whole shabang!! We felt very VIP, flashing our wristbands to show we could come in, and we did not even anticipate the excitement that was yet to come... first of all the beautiful entrance... perfect for posing and pretending to be celebrities... 


Tabby, Miss PerryBerry, BD

A 3D wacky warehouse.... 



An air inflated Gladiator style, wrestling ring!! I held up a very strong fight against Mr Will!! (But I think this was because he was too busy pointing and laughing at people!! Made himself an easy target!)



I then went on to last longer than him on the bucking bull! (Please excuse the beautiful Bridget Jones, tummy holding in knickers!!)



We were then fortunate enough to be at the front of the audience for the one and only... TAKE THAT!! (well..... FAKE that! But if you squinted or just closed your eyes, then it could have been the real them!!) 


Just when we thought the excitement was coming to an end... a celebrity guest performance appeared...

Jamie Archerr!!!!!!! ( More commonly known as the afro guy from the X Factor who sang Sex on Fire) He blessed us with some of his songs (well sang songs that belong to others!), including SEX IS ON FIREEE! The crowd were loving it, they were going wild for Jamie!! We even got lucky enough to meet him, and more importantly.... TOUCH HIS AFRO!!!


All of this was fabulous and fun!! But my post favourite part of the evening was yet to come...


An ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR FREE chocolate fountain!! With bananas, doughnuts, chocolate brownies (double the chocolate)... so much delishhh-ness to dip and eat!! I did end up with chocolate all around my facee!! But who careees! We were in heaven!!


The Winter Ball’s preparation will be nothing to this extreme… I won’t drag the Little Olive all around town looking for a dress; I’ll make use of the dresses I already have for a change! And add some thick tights to disguise the ridiculously snowy pale legs, and preferably ones that the fur layer on my legs won’t poke through! But I am sooo so so excited to dance to Buble, play in the "snow" and feed carrots to real life Reindeer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment